Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Working to go on Vacation

In 5 days, I'll be in Hawaii.  My parents are taking our family and my sister's family to Kauai for a week beginning Monday, which will be wonderful.  In the meantime, I'm scrambling to prepare for being gone for 8 days.

This started last Friday when we worked our ewes and started weaning our lambs.  Weaning continued on Saturday, and Sunday saw me moving our lambs to Loomis and giving our goats selenium shots.  On Monday, we moved sheep and sorted ewes for grazing contracts.  On Tuesday, we moved 120 ewes to Sierra College.  Today I moved 34 ewes and 30 goats to another property in Auburn.  Tomorrow will be more of the same.

I love my job, but sometimes it seems that all I do is work.  This spills over into vacation - I find it difficult to leave the care of our animals in someone else's hands.  I find that I don't really relax until several days into a vacation.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment